What can we not live without these days, you ask??
silver rattle
I know. Might as well be a silver spoon, right? Ours was a baby shower gift. While it's very thoughtful, I was sort of like, "come on. Not useful." Well...that mommy was right and I've been schooled. When he was cutting those 2 bottom teeth, this was the only toy/item/anything in the world that was remotely acceptable to him. I think the silver stays cool but is not too cold to hold, which is something he doesn't seem to like about other teething items. So it's no longer a pristine keepsake and is now dented and covered in tiny scratches from his teethlets.
Baby Banana
What is this? I don't know. Mini rubber training toothbrush, I guess. Also a baby shower gift from someone wiser than I was. When he actually got teeth, I thought of this and pulled it out of the closet (where the Toys for Later are stashed). Great success! I am not sure it really teaches him anything about brushing his teeth, exactly, but he likes to play with it and it's easy to hold and manipulate.
We still like Mum Mums, but are moving forward with picking things up. He has a fleeting pincer grasp but can do a passable job with the whole-hand grasp and getting things into his mouth. Most of the time. These also dissolve easily (less scary!) but it's really fun to see him start to get the hang of really eating. Also great for on-the-go. He eats real food, too, but these are good to have on hand most of the time.
Zoli stacking snack cup
This was in a Citrus Lane box a while ago, but I haven't had a reason to use it until now. The top portion is a formula dispenser with a spout. I don't use it for that, so I can't speak to it, but apparently it's nice to have a way to transport and pour the powder if you are using it. Each of the segments screws on or off individually, so you can take along as tall or short a stack as you need. Great for the aforementioned puffs and yogis--I like that it keeps them from getting crushed in the diaper bag.
I also think this is a good brand (obviously it's free of BPA and poison plastic from China and what have you)--next up we are trying the straw/sippy cup. Stay tuned. I know you're dying to know.
And one for mommy. This lip gloss was in my September Birchbox (at least, I'm pretty sure this is it. The free sample tube was smaller and looked a little different). I think I have since lost it at the bottom of the diaper bag, but I really liked it when I had it. A natural color with some sheen but not overly sparkly. Also, sometimes shimmer particles irritate my skin, I think, but this one didn't seem to. Now I must go find it again...


No comments:
Post a Comment