Well, we're actually closer to 10 months at this point, but the baby has been sick for at least the past 2-3 weeks. Getting photos (and time to write a post) has been a challenge to say the least. I'll do my best to remember what goes with which month.
I also think this photo shoot is more aptly titled "I'm 9 Months Old...(And I Hate You, Mom)"
Things in the sleep department are pretty unchanged. Naps are much, much better than they used to be (1hr 15 min is pretty standard). There's a pretty predictable 2.5-3 hour window between naps, and it's a good rhythm for the day. Nighttime is still variable. I don't know if it's developmental or teething or what. It's not terrible--probably 1-2 wakeups per night--but it's certainly not perfect. I'm wondering if you'll do better as you start to take in more solid food, as your intake is still really unpredictable at this point.
Starting at 9 months, the goal is to get 3 food meals per day. This is sometimes manageable and sometimes difficult, particularly if we're trying to get out the door quickly in the morning. Sometimes you like food; sometimes you do not. Sometimes you like certain foods; other times you do not. You pretty reliably eat Cheerios and puffs. Of course, your favorite puffs are the non-organic sugar bomb ones I bought one time accidentally that are basically Lucky Charms marshmallows. You no longer eat the Super Green Apple + Kale ones, preferring to hold out for the "sweet potato" mallows. But...so it goes. There's basically zero nutrition in them, but they'll keep you busy.

Likes:
- wooden spoon + spatula
- dogs
- tickles
- anything dangerous to life-threatening: stairs, sockets, chokeables, dogs' water bowls
- cups + containers

Dislikes:
- the hairdryer (terrifying)
- having his nose wiped or suctioned. Can't say that I blame him, but this has become a common pastime around here
- being buckled in to the car seat
Milestones:
- started school!
- crawls on hands and knees
- claps hands
Stats:
- weight: about 19 lbs
- unable to get accurate length measurement (...)
- diapers: size 4
- clothing: 9 month







No comments:
Post a Comment