We packed up a bag with all the important bedtime items: sleep sack, Taggies, lotion, and even our own copy of Goodnight Moon (red balloon). I knew there were probably 4 copies over at the g-'rents' house, but couldn't risk it.
Turned out I needn't have worried, because he went straight to a stack of books in his room there, toppled it, and immediately pulled out the resident copy. And turned to his favorite page.
The boy knows what he likes.
For the record, everything was fine. The power did go out at the big house, but he was a trooper overnight and the generator powers a couple rooms--enough to make it workable without a problem. We did not lose power at home, so our gamble was a little off...but I guess better safe than sorry. Overall, I think it was good to do, because he was a little wide-eyed at the whole same-routine-different-room bedtime gig, and it's probably good to mix it up every now and again so he learns to flex.
The ice is mostly gone now, but it's cold and I am o.ver.it.

No comments:
Post a Comment