Monday, November 10, 2014

Once Upon A Wednesday Dreary

It was cold and rainy. He woke up early (abolish Daylight Savings Time). If it's possible to wake up on the wrong side of the crib, it was so. 

C was concerned about the rain, so he made sure Dada had a jacket. Then, obviously, C had to have a jacket. Over his mumpmin apron, which was over his jammies. Don't forget the hat. Don't forget we also definitely weren't going outside in any form.





(flour mustache from cookie mix that was definitely not licked up off the disgusting floor)

By 9am, we had already exhausted my emergency activity: Cookies (a/k/a "meex it up!"). Hence the apron.


I bundled him up--in real clothes--and we made the haul to Costco. I needed a few things, especially cheap gas, but thought it would also be a good activity. Already lots of Christmas stuff to see. 

Except when I got to the Costco gas station, I realized I didn't have my wallet. There was no way to get home and back before nap. I said a lot of bad words in my head so the toddler did not repeat them. 

I found an emergency cash stash in the glove compartment (OH MY GOD PRAISE THE BABY JESUS. Past-me was so smart. You should do this). It was enough to get what we needed, but I couldn't get gas without my membership card. Crossed my fingers we made it home. 


Sans membership card or any legitimate form of identification, I had to beg my way into the warehouse and answer a series of This Is Your Life quiz questions about my account to prove that I was, in fact, me (fun fact: Jenn Brown is still my 'domestic partner' on my account from when we were roommates in DC. Jenn, if they have Costco in Asia, you're good). Fortunately, I remembered this--trick question!--and passed their quiz. I'm glad they take their security so seriously...I imagine so many people want to take a toddler out in the rain to impersonate me and buy 36-pound bags of Pirate's Booty.

BUT I did score the above DVD of Polar Express ("Po' Spress") for 8 bucks, hoping it would come in handy on our car ride to Louisville this weekend. It did. 



Later, back at home and after a nap, I had a really special makeup helper. Frida Kahlo does Hockey Guy. 

I was maybe never more ready for a little Wine Wednesday come dinner time. 

It happens to all of us, mamas. Tomorrow is another day. xo






No comments: