So...remember last year's costume drama?
This year he was down with being a firefighter, but still wasn't really interested in putting the costume ON. Any time anyone asked what he was going to be for Halloween, he promptly replied "a firefighter." But the execution...wasn't quite there.
In the end, the World's Most Literal Child just needed it to actually be Halloween. We packed it in a bag, took it to Georgia's house on Halloween night, and he sat down and put it on.
Is he proud, or what?
Also, she was a fabulous mermaid.
He kept sticking his belly out like this when I said "show me your costume!"
So this is what you get.
These boots were a last-minute impulse buy on Amazon. I thought they might sweeten the deal a bit.
At present, he finds adult decrees that Halloween is over to be arbitrary. He has worn the boots all day every day since Halloween. I'm talking to school, out to eat, to nap, with jammies...you name it.
This Tuesday also happened to be picture day at school, so they may be professionally captured for posterity. I drew the line at wearing the suspenders to school, but he is wearing a fire truck t-shirt in the picture for sure. Don't judge--that was the compromise arrived at after complex negotiations. Parenting!






No comments:
Post a Comment