Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Erin Go Bragh

While I'm pretty sure every bro in America claims Irish heritage, I think our claim is legit on both sides. Thus, we had to celebrate C's first St. Patrick's Day properly (let's leave aside the fact that actual Irish people most likely do not celebrate it like we do, but Americans sure have a knack for appropriating other cultures' celebrations and turning them into drinking holidays. And I'm all for that. Because AMERICA).

Also, our Upstate family was in town for the weekend, so we had to do it up right.



 

Had lots of cute outfits lined up. Pics were a general fail.

So here's this one again just for good measure:



Meeting Nana (he was not very social at the introductory dinner on Friday night)

Uncle Trev

On Sunday night, we had a big (very big) family (lots of family) dinner with a great braised beef recipe that BA found and other fun festive wares. I made this Guinness beer cheese--I think I've had it pinned for over a year but can now vouch for it--it's a keeper.

Prep work.

A good time was had by all, but little man was all tuckered out.

Too much green beer. 

No comments: