Sunday, December 15, 2013

10 month faves

Ergo Baby Carrier

(pic is link)


How many baby carriers does a body need? I don't know, but you need this one. I bought it in anticipation of our Florida trip last month, as C and I flew down on our own to meet the rest of the family. I tried to think through ways to make it easier for myself and decided to give this a try. I noticed when we flew to Nantucket this summer that most of the seasoned moms in the airport seemed to have this one, so I hopped on board. It was perfect for the trip and we've also used it since then around the neighborhood and such. Oh and also when he was sick and refused to be put down...just like the early days! We still have the Bjorn, but I think the Ergo distributes baby's weight differently, so it's more comfortable for me (and BA) now that C is bigger. It's also easier to get on and off and has some handy features (e.g., nap hood, storage pocket for phone and such). So, overall, on the carrier front I would say I definitely recommend a Moby (or other wrap) for the early days, a Bjorn is your call, and you've got to have an Ergo. You can also buy an infant insert for when they're itty bitty. One thing to know is that you can only wear it with baby facing in--or with some hip hold I haven't tried--but C doesn't seem to mind.

any ball will do

A 99-cent ball from Walgreens, the Costco nubby ball set (for lack of a better term?), the smaller ones that go with the Bright Starts Fire Truck ...

For learning to roll and throw and say "ball" (as long as it's pronounced "DAH"). 

Related fave...


This is a Loud Obnoxious Thing, so it lives at Doc & Jules's house. But, man...when you get to that phase where it's a huge thrill to put things in other things, this is your jam. He really understands "put the ball in," and then it's fun to drive the truck until the ball pops out. Again and again. 



Boon Foam Bath Shapes

Another (delayed) winner from the Citrus Lane box. They're just...foam bath shapes. They float or stick to the wall and are easy for him to hold. They don't absorb water so don't get gross and are easy to bring with us to ease the back-arching transition out of the tub to the getting-dressed portion of bedtime, which is not a fave. I've only brought them out one or two at a time, so they're still novel. I also enjoy BA's creative naming of all the bath time friends...we've got Mr. Crab, Mr. Shark, Mr. Fish...can't wait to see what's next.


Pediped infant shoes 
So I was told by his teachers that he needs shoes "because of the wood chips on the playground." I am still not exactly sure what this means, as he isn't walking, but I think it means that the wood chips get stuck to socks? Anyway, he needed shoes, but anything with a sole (e.g., his Uggs) is good for keeping him warm when he's strapped in to the stroller, but trips him up when he's on the move. All the People Who Know Things say that they're supposed to wear a flexible sole as much as possible, and I guess these are the go-to. The bottom is thick and grippy enough to be safe, but he can still maneuver easily in them. He has these little loafers ("dress Pedipeds"?) but they come in tons of adorable real-shoe-like styles. You can shoe a baby hipster, or a little athlete, or whatever strikes your fancy. I see more in our future. 

No comments: