These pics are terrible but I'm opting to just jam some in here and get on with it.
AND I took them on the actual day he turned 10 months.
Will add more later!
Photo shoot cut short when I realized he was getting chalk all over his pants as we were due to be walking out the door to a Christmas party...
If the 9th month had a theme, it would most definitely be snot. As was expected, starting school meant a constant cold and runny nose. However, a few days after we returned from Florida, the cold worsened. It seemed to move down into your chest and caused a really cruddy cough. You also started running a fever that ranged from low grade to pretty high (it always seemed highest in the middle of the night, when it wasn't ideal to whip out the thermometer to get an exact read, so I don't know quite how high it went). We managed symptoms and waited it out until it was clear that something else was going on, and then off to the pediatrician we went. She diagnosed pneumonia (explaining the cough and worrisome breathing), and we started some good ol' Amox.
This stuff works. High fives to science and all those penicillin discoverers. We kicked the pneumonia, but then ended up with another garden-variety cold not long after. You have been such a trouper, but it is just a tough road.
On top of all this, there have been at least 2 but I think 4 teeth coming through up top, and they seemed to get right up to the point of breaking through and then hang out right there for a while. I'm sure that was not comfortable, and also has its own symptoms and disruptions.
All of that is a detailed and technical way of saying that you have been uncomfortable if not fully miserable for a large part of this month, and we'll be glad to get it behind us. It disrupts eating, sleeping, moods (everyones') and general life.
Likes:
- wooden spoon + spatula
- picking up tiny pieces of lint off the floor and eating them
- the Christmas tree (I say "tree," you say "DAH")
- throwing all the toys out of the pen
Dislikes:
- taking the medicine (even delicious Amoxicillin) (this did get somewhat better, though)
- going in the car seat
- nose wiping
Milestones:
- more plane rides and beach trip with grandparents!
- first antibiotics
- Baby's First Thanksgiving!
- imitates some actions
- signs "All Done!" (prompted)
- waves bye-bye
This was supposed to be a video of "all done," except he stopped doing it the second I started the camera. But watch it anyway.
Stats:
oh, who knows. Some pounds. Size 4 diapers. Generally 12-month clothing but the 9-month stuff still works (probably wouldn't buy any new ones though).


No comments:
Post a Comment