What's New
The Easter Bunny is very, very scary.
Still on 2 naps but some days it's just 1, depending on schedule and the general flow. Not pushing it either way.
Words and Tricks
dada (usually with extreme excitement and often like "daDAAAA!!"
mamamamamama (less reliable than daDAAA)
ball (though it's often "dall")
dog
hi!
bye-bye!
Yaya [Sara]
All done
shoes [?]
disclaimer here is that really only family members would understand these words at present, so don't go being too awed...
knows what a monkey and piggy say and what a camel does...
understands simple directions and questions (e.g., "find your cup," "bring me that book," "where's Taggies?")
answers the phone when it rings
"Cheers!"
When he can't say a word, still imitates inflection, such as when I said yesterday that there were "piles and piles and PILES!" of stuff on the counter
New signs: Help/help me; please
We are very, VERY excited about the arrival of our newest little friend and addition to the group--Miss Baby Nancy. Her big brother is four days older than Mr. C. Yes, you read that right. I'm in awe. All are happy and healthy.
What We're Loving
me:
Inglesina Fast Baby Chair
(pic is link)
Just a travel highchair, basically, but a good addition to our ever-growing collection of kid gear. We have it on the counter right now, which I like because he can just sit up there with us. We can also use it for activities ("art," etc.) that would have been more difficult in the high chair. He also seems less likely to intentionally throw food around when he is in it. Would also be good for travel (it folds up into its own little bag that is stored under the seat), but has been good in restaurants too--lately we've been at a couple places that are so crowded they're out of high chairs, or often the straps are broken and Wild Man needs serious containment.
You can also purchase a tray separately, which I recommend.
Dyson Animal Digital Slim


If you were really wanting to spend an entire month's paycheck on a vacuum cleaner (a second vacuum, no less), then this is the one for you. Yes, totally outrageous. But I've had it for about a month and it is worth it so far. Basically it's quick to grab for everyday cleanup, as it doesn't need to be lugged out and plugged in. So it's easier to quickly rid the floors of Cheerios and dog hair, which is a bonus as we just had them (the floors) cleaned and re-sealed, and I want to try to keep them in better shape. Plus, the attachments mean it's also a handheld Dustbuster-type tool, which I can use when Maddie sneaks onto the couch or whatever else. All I can say is this: if you've got a kid, and you've got a dog (or two), you might reallllly consider the splurge.
him:
wooden name puzzle stool (for lack of a better term?) - pretty sustained entertainment, and he might actually be learning...
books, especially those with balloons (Spot's Balloon, Please Bring Balloons), as well as Goodnight, Goodnight Construction Site, Dear Zoo, Octopus Opposites, and--of course--Goodnight Moon.
phone (B Toys hiPhone) - this one was finally a hit (there's no substitute for mommy's iPhone, and the kid is hip to my tricks). This is a great brand all around. We also love the super cool symphony toy and the FunKeys.
Taggies - As close to a lovey as we've got. Which means I buy a duplicate one whenever they're in stock at Target (NB: one of the few items I do not recommend buying on Amazon; they're pricier AND you can't pick your pattern--tragic when you're looking for an identical backup for a child's beloved).
(not our actual preferred Taggies)
fruit pouches - until some unfortunate poops indicated we should dial it back a bit...
yogurt - praise the genius that thought to put YoBaby in pouches so he can do it himself
That's it for now, folks! I could literally add something new every day, but I'm cutting it off here and will update again when it makes sense. xo


No comments:
Post a Comment