Monday, April 7, 2014

Neighborhood Adventures and Sensory Table Easter Eggs

So...I do realize that the frequency of posting has dropped off. Part of that has to do with having a now-very-mobile toddler, and I think part is also because I don't really have the structure of the monthly updates anymore (I thought they were sort of pointless after the 12-month mark, but I'll still post some check ins so I remember those funny words and tricks!). Also, I've been taking a lot of videos as opposed to photos, and those are much more of a pain to upload.

Here's a little bit of what we've been up to!

Go Cats!

Chef-ing it up

The park with GA and Brooks!

New big boy shoes for summer at the store where my sisters and I grew up going...
y'all, it's not only pretty much the same in there; it's the SAME GUYS. And they haven't aged.
Children's shoes must be the Fountain of Youth.

Checking out the new BBQ joint down the road #fullrack

I cleared off our screened-in porch and we got a new rug and furniture for in there (we NEVER used it before), but I thought it might be a good additional play space if we cleaned it up.
I also put together the sensory table Mr. C got for his first birthday from mommy and daDAAA.
 (I will let you know how we like it if you're interested...)

Giant serving spoon = huge fave right now, and the eggs fit perfectly. Some of the eggs had Goldfish in them so we could shake shake shake. Can't wait for our upcoming Easter Egg "hunt" with the crew!



Mr. C was unimpressed by his first trip to Las Paletas ("why are these strawberries so cold? No thank you.") But we went again on Saturday, and he suddenly knew exactly what to do.
I will have one strawberry chiquita.

Also, I'd like to hold your paleta, mommy. It's mine now.


I'd better taste daddy's, too. Just to be sure. 

We're so glad it's spring!
xo



No comments: