Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Happy Accident

I was coming from a meeting to pick up Mr. C from school yesterday, so taking a different route than I usually do. I was not paying attention (par for the course) and missed a turn. I wasn't late (but was overly cautious about pulling a bold U-turn maneuver as I may or may not have gotten a ticket in the same neighborhood last week), so just decided to take a more circuitous route to get there. 

The long way around took me by the Belle Meade Plantation, and out of the corner of my eye I thought I saw a horse or two up by a fence on the side. 

I decided I'd pick up the little man and we'd loop back around to see if I was right, then visit them for a bit.

We pulled in and I didn't see them at first, but as we rounded the bend, we spotted them (further from the fence than before, but oh well).


We spent a lovely moment observing them with some French tourists (one of whom sang C a lovely children's song in French and then I'm pretty sure he wanted to go with her forever).



Pretty ponies on a pretty day. We'll go again on another school day and see if they're regulars. 

No comments: