Basically, the update is that they work and they are delicious. I had a jar left over from the Valentine's dinner, and it was just looking sad all alone. I started to worry, "what if I've sent people home with bum ingredients? Or the cookies taste terrible?" Furthermore, Valentine's M&Ms weren't going to be "in season" much longer (side note: on the day before Valentine's Day, I was in the grocery, and the Easter M&Ms were already out). So I had to make the leftover jar. I followed the instructions I had put on the tag, which I linked to in my previous post, and made a few notes to myself:
- When making the jars, one has to pack the ingredients in really tightly. Bakerella was not kidding about this. Otherwise they won't fit. This meant they didn't all cascade nicely out of the jar--you've got to stick a knife up in there and work it loose a little, and all is well.
- Bonus! Empty jar when finished. I ran it through the dishwasher and can use it again for more jar cookies (those Easter M&Ms?) or whatever.
You are making something delicious. I just know it.
- Mine required more like 12 minutes in the oven per batch, rather than the 10 minutes in the instructions. Just keep an eye on them at the end, as I'm sure all ovens are different.
- All in all, this recipe yielded over 2 dozen cookies in under 30 minutes. I'd say that makes it a pretty handy thing to have around--you can have dessert for a crowd very quickly with minimal mess.
- And finally, the crucial verdict: I sampled a few to make sure they were not poisonous. It is generally considered poor form to serve poison to guests. I can say that they are as tasty as they are easy...maybe even more so. A big win.
No comments:
Post a Comment