not pumpkin flavor.
Given that making pizza was a success--we didn't burn anyone, we had fun, and the pizza was good--I thought we might try another kitchen activity. Baking requires a little more precision than good ol' regular cooking, so I wanted to start reaaaaalllly simply. That way, if he had no interest, I wasn't stuck with some ruined flan or out $40 on outrageous ingredients. Babies are useless at making flan, I hear.
Like, so simple you don't even have to SLICE to bake anymore. What? Is buying the cookies already baked really so bad? Although I will say they keep their little novelty image more intact than when you had to try and slice the log of dough (back in olden times like 2000), so win one for science, Pillsbury.
So, yes, our foray into baking was really just an activity where we took circles from one tray and moved them to another tray, but at least he really likes pumpkins right now.
Try to get a toddler to not eat raw dough. I dare you. He was looking at me like, "but you SAID they were cookies!! This game sucks!"
One hiccup I had not anticipated--I talked up how we put them on the tray and then put them in the oven (HOT!) and then we wait while they bake. Fortunately these guys only take like 8-10 minutes, because C insisted on staying in his booster chair at the counter and asking "COOKIES?" every 20 seconds until they were done. I was able to distract him somewhat with a well-timed lunch, but...baking was a success insofar as we can bake things that only take 8-10 minutes in the oven. Suggestions welcome.
Patience is not really our thing right now.
Ah...the fruits of absolutely no labor.
But he was really excited to eat his pumpkin cookie.
(though, for the sake of accuracy, I should say "mump min cookie" because the poor kid just cannot say "pumpkin")
P.S. I do not want 2 dozen mump min cookies in my house, so holler if you want in. We've made little baggies with tags for the taking.








No comments:
Post a Comment