Total Weight Gain: I see skinny people at the grocery store and want to bop them on their skinny heads.
Size of Baby: Acorn squash or something. 2-3 lbs, but will triple in weight between now and D-Day.
He is putting on fat and entering an "active phase" (truth). I am putting on fat and entering a non-active phase. Weird.
He is putting on fat and entering an "active phase" (truth). I am putting on fat and entering a non-active phase. Weird.
Maternity Clothes: Sad trombone moment of the week: putting on a maternity top that was TOO SMALL. I have never worn it--I guess I waited too long. Then the Terrible Awful happened: my cute, flat TB boots--which I bought specifically because they were flat and intended to wear them throughout the pregnancy--no longer zip up my fat/swollen legs. Helpfully, only the heeled ones still zip up, and it has been too warm for the Uggs. A serious footwear dilemma.
One blog I read recommended Tieks flats. Does anyone know anything about them?
One blog I read recommended Tieks flats. Does anyone know anything about them?
Movement: I do not think I was correct about him turning over (or he flipped back), because he was definitely back in the disobedient position around Sunday. Sunday/Monday had lots of movement, so he's up to something in there.
Sleep: I'm pretty tired. This seems unfair, as everybody seems set on terrifying people about the sleepless times that await after baby arrives. And to those people who say "just wait 'til the baby comes!" or "it's good practice!" I flick you in the forehead, because I'm pretty sure I don't need practice not sleeping.
What I miss: Putting cute clothes on my list to Santa.
Cravings: Still have a salt aversion.
Other crazy symptoms: I puked for the first time. That's right, at 29 weeks. I woke up really hungry and had a huge bowl of cereal, and I think there just wasn't enough room for it. Lesson learned.
2 comments:
I have been ruminating on the footwear issue to no avail. I guess my consolation is that it's Ugg season again?
I did just buy a leather driving moc that is lined with fuzzy goodness like a house shoe but the outside is definitely appropriate for outdoors. I went with Frye because 1) I'm loyal like that, and 2) they were a big dressier than the Uggs, but I think the Uggs are wider/roomier.
BTW, I feel like a jacka** for writing "wider". Sorry, friend.
Big = bit, obviously.
Post a Comment