Friday, December 21, 2012

30 & 31 Weeks


How Far Along: 31 weeks of being a human Crockpot. You're getting a combo post this week because I could not get it together enough to post one last week.

Total Weight Gain: Total unknown, but rate is slowing. Most gain now will (I hope) be actual baby, as his job now is to just get bigger. I also have less room for my actual stomach, so have just been grazing rather than eating everything that's not nailed down.

Size of Baby: About 3.5 lbs and the size of a pineapple, which is tropically delicious.

Maternity Clothes: Oh yes. If it stays this cold, my next task will be a search for a maternity coat. 

Movement: Still plenty, which is reassuring. I know he will run out of room at some point and the movement will slow down, so I'm just happy he's still flipping around. Even if he really packs a punch sometimes.

Sleep: I can only fall asleep quickly if I am painfully exhausted, which has happened a few times in the past 2 weeks (what with all the holiday merrymaking). This does not seem like a great tradeoff. Let's just say I apologize daily to BA and am pretty glad I do not have to be up and at a real job where I have to function. 

What I miss: Sleep? Being able to do things for more than a short stretch before I have to take a break.

Cravings: If I could subsist only on cinnamon raisin toast, I'd be happy.

Other crazy symptoms: Had some really attractive swelling and some Braxton-Hicks contractions over a busy couple weekends (baby showers, holiday parties, Titans Monday night game). Some rest and compression socks have gotten things back under control for now (though my baseline swell factor is still higher than a normal person's, I think). I can still wear my engagement ring but have taken off the  wedding band, which must be a little smaller. 

If you are swelly, buy these (from a local company):
I am now ready to go run with the hipsters in East Nasty
They also have normal socks for regular folks


Best Moment this week: Well, the world didn't end, so that's a plus. Very much looking forward to Miller's birthday celebration and a Very Merry Smithmas tonight--always a fun time. We hosted another successful holiday party last weekend, which was a festive (if stupid on my part) endeavor. Thanks to all our fun friends for coming and reveling with us. My mom also hosted her annual Christmas Tea, which is always a fun way to see everyone at this time of year. I would also like to thank Jules and Sara for coming over to help get the nursery serviceable before our party, in case people wanted to take a peek (which they did). Also, the fabulously comfy glider arrived. So it's coming along decently well, even though it's not finished. I did mini laundry and put some clothes away and it's generally taking shape. Pics will be posted when it's reasonably close to finished.

No comments: