How Far Along: 32 weeks, which is about 8 months for those of you playing along at home.
Generally, I have found this to be kind of an anxiety-inducing limbo point--I'm close, but not THAT close (despite the kind words of the security guy at the Titans game who said I was "about to pop"). It's getting close enough that we need to do a lot of stuff...the January to-do list includes packing the bags and putting the car seat in the car. On the other hand, they still terrify you about preterm labor and, while baby would likely be fine if born now--though probably guaranteed a NICU stay--37 weeks ("term") is still 5 weeks away. It's close enough to be real but not close enough to be ready so it's all a little scary. So is thinking about how much bigger everything has to get before go time. I want him to stay in, but it seems truly impossible for him to put on like 4 or 5 more pounds.
Total Weight Gain: After this week, approximately 1000 pounds. I'm told I'm gaining a pound a week at this point, which is alarming.
Size of Baby: This is getting stupider and stupider. The baby is the size of a large jicama (too specific) or a squash (too vague).
He is about 3.5-4 pounds and has fingernails and real hair (or peach fuzz). He can use all his senses now--looking around, listening to people, tasting fluid (ew), etc.
I asked the doctor if she could tell how the baby was positioned, and she said she could but that it didn't matter at this point. He's definitely still flipping all around, so I guess she has a point.
He is about 3.5-4 pounds and has fingernails and real hair (or peach fuzz). He can use all his senses now--looking around, listening to people, tasting fluid (ew), etc.
I asked the doctor if she could tell how the baby was positioned, and she said she could but that it didn't matter at this point. He's definitely still flipping all around, so I guess she has a point.
Maternity Clothes: Not stretchy pants? Not interested. The bigger issue continues to be footwear, however. It's generally too cold for cute flats, and most of my boots don't fit. While this is not terrible, it does seem like it dictates entire "outfits" so is more limiting than one might think.
Movement: Seems good. He moves pretty frequently and when he is supposed to (after I eat, when I lie down). Sometimes it's a little much but I'm still reminding myself that it's all a good thing.
Sleep: Hit or miss. When I'm sleeping well, it inevitably means snoring. So then I get the Snore Warning from the other side of the bed, which wakes me up. It's a vicious cycle.
What I miss: General mobility and a normal level of activity.
Cravings: I still like my toast. We got a box of clementines, which I'm pretty in to. We had doughnuts on Christmas Eve, which was very exciting.
Other crazy symptoms: Braxton Hicks have ramped way up in the past few days--probably due to all the Christmas activity and requisite moving around of things. I don't think they're a problem--they are not painful or regular--but I could do without them, really.
No comments:
Post a Comment