Thursday, January 3, 2013

33 Weeks


How Far Along: 33 down. About 7 to go (ideally not a ton more or less).

Size of Baby: Estimated 4 pounds, 9 oz per the ultrasound this morning. More details to come on that scan in the next post. 

Maternity Clothes: Entire wardrobe (and I use that term loosely) is maternity, with the exception of my Mossimo brand t-shirts from Target. They are still long enough and I think I'll wear them after baby too, so they've been a top purchase for sure. I know I have 2 gray ones, a black, and a tan. At least. 

Also, a tip: should you ever find yourself pregnant, do most of your maternity shopping on the front end and just get whatever you want to last you through. This especially applies to pants. I decided that I needed one more pair of non-jean pants to get me through February, so found myself in Pea in the Pod yesterday trying on pants. This is what I learned.

1. Whoever designed those dressing rooms should be publicly shamed and then banished. The lighting is horrible, the rooms are small, and the mirrors are fat mirrors. As if you want to look any bigger. Imagine your worst bathing-suit-trying-on experience and multiply it by, oh, 6000. It's not so much that I feel like everything is fat, but you really see how large the situation is. The proportions are all wrong. They keep a fake belly in all the rooms so if you are not very pregnant you can simulate how clothing will fit when you are larger...the one in my stall was allegedly the "7 month" belly and I put that thing to shame.

2. Trying on pants in above-mentioned dressing room is uncomfortable at best. I had a stack of about 4-5 pairs. After slowly working my way through the first two pairs and not liking the way anything looked (think: sausage casings), I was sweating and not feeling very nice. I abandoned the rest of the pile and left without buying anything. Basically what I'm trying to say here is that you can't really even physically try on clothes at the end, so either take them home to try on and return or just buy (in store or online) and cross your fingers. Or make do with what you've got. There's no shopping late in the game.

Movement: Still good, which continues to be reassuring. His movements are slower, though.

Sleep: Not blissful for anyone in the bed, let's be honest. I have trouble falling asleep either due to crazy leg (definitely the medical term) or the baby moving around so much it keeps me up. I don't have an enormous problem with the middle-of-the-night bathroom trips, but I can't lie in any one position for too long without my hips starting to hurt. So I have to roll over often, which is somewhat akin to wrestling with a crocodile. 

What I miss: My shoes. 

I wouldn't say that I'm quite ready for Baby C to be here, or at the point where I am like GET THIS BABY OUT (yet), but I am beginning to think forward to a time when I am no longer pregnant. Like when I can go to the mall and think about maybe being able to wear some of the cute things I see--even if not in my pre-pregnancy size--or to have a glass of wine, or be able to walk around and bend over. Just regular things that now seem totally beyond the realm of comprehension. In fact, it's almost impossible for me to believe or remember that there was a time that I was not actually pregnant. 

But for right now, he needs to stay in there a little while longer, and I am more than ok with that. In fact, my biggest fear remains that he will come way early, so I definitely don't want any of that juju. 

Cravings: None, really, but I have got to get the eating back on track. Or at least mitigate the damage until delivery.

Other crazy symptoms: Some heartburn flaring up again...could be due to poor holiday diet, or maybe this baby will have a little bit of hair. 

Best Moment this week: Fun times with the family, immediate and extended: a low-key New Year celebration, dad's bday, general hanging out. 

To do this month: Pack the hospital bags. Install the car seat. These are real things...yikes.

No comments: