Monday, January 7, 2013

Christmas Wrap-up

Before we get too far into the new year, I wanted to do a brief Christmas wrap up. We stayed home (no more air travel for me) and had a low-key holiday, splitting time between our own little Christmas and some festivities with the rest of my side of the fam. It's always hard to not be able to be in two places at once, but we got a lovely Santa shipment from Upstate and chatted with everyone via phone on the big day. I think we were all aware it was our last year without a little one...next year will be a totally different ball game, I suspect. But at least I'll be able to have cocktails. One was not meant to survive Christmas without libations. 

I had some help decorating the trees...



It was hard work.

 

But we got it done.


It's not Christmas morning without adult-sized shark footie pajamas.


Hey Sar. THE BIG TREE.




Later on, we busted out the good stuff: Pappy + Wasik's. A winning combo.

(photos with my fancy new camera lens...thanks, Santa BA!!)









And capped it off with a lovely meal at my parents' house. Don't worry, I ate everything. Then we watched movies in our jammies and hit the hay. It was wild.

We hope you all had a happy, safe, and magical holiday. Let's do it again next year. 

No comments: