Wednesday, January 16, 2013

It's BAAAAACK!

Downton Abbey, that is. We're just past episode 2 in the third season and it's still as thrilling as ever! Naturally, we had to get the gang back together for our Tuesday night viewing parties. We missed the first week (it's tough with those 2-hour episodes) but got back on track last night.

I don't think the menus are really worth writing about at this point, as I'm eleventy months pregnant and just trying to cook what I can that doesn't involve being on my feet for hours at a time, so just a quick run through...last night we had queso and Chi O enchiladas (in honor of Miss Miller's Rush week--she is now the happiest new baby Kappa Kappa Gamma you ever did see). What makes these enchiladas Chi O, you ask? Apparently they used to be the late-night snack of choice at the Vanderbilt Chi O house, after the house mom would make them. Kate--our friendly neighborhood Chi O--made them for dinner one night when we all went on our Florida vacation. It seemed like a good recipe to feed a crowd, and less complicated than other enchilada recipes, so I stole it.

I feel like I should not post this recipe on the interwebs, in case it's, like, one of their mystical sister bonds or something. I don't want a bunch of sorority girls hitting me with their koozies or baby owls or whatever...but it was good, worked well, and we have a whole pan left over.

As I do not have pictures of our feast, I present you with this image, which I found amusing.

Warning: CONTAINS SPOILERS. If you have not watched the most recent episode, you may not want to scroll further.

If all of episode 2 took place on FB...


No comments: