In mid-January, I had a shower hosted by a gaggle of lovely ladies and wanted to share some photos before the next phase begins! This post can truly not do the event justice...it was so clear that so much time, thought, and effort went into the planning and execution and I'm still so touched and grateful. On top of the wonderful theme and details, it was also just a nice size and a wonderful mix of people from different chapters of my life that all blend seamlessly (isn't it great when that happens?). It was fun to visit and I also felt significant relief afterwards, as the gifts--which were overly generous to say the least--really helped me feel like I had finished out what I needed and was, for the most part, really prepared.
sure, Grace Ann just casually hand-cut some silhouettes the night before. And yes, that's really me.
hot chocolate bar and sweets (cake pops, cookies, and fruit tarts)
I mean, is that Pinterest-worthy, or what? Whenever I host a shower or wedding party, I always remember a piece of wisdom I was once given (by my dad, of all people)...and that's that while it may not be the biggest deal to you the host, or you may feel stressed during the planning, people always remember their own shower and it's often the only one they have. To be on the receiving end of one that was clearly orchestrated with such love and thoughtfulness and attention to detail--to what I would want and enjoy--was a special experience that I'll remember for a long, long time. The entire family is grateful to all who hosted and attended for helping us feel like baby C is already so loved (and swagged out). You guys are the bestest.
----
[And if you've read this far and are still frustrated that there's no real info about the actual baby (funny, I noticed traffic is WAY up today), that's because nothing is happening yet. I'm still sitting at home. Washing things and writing blog posts. One or two installments will be auto-posted tonight, starting at about 9pm CST. I know about half of you are probably hunkered down in a blizzard, so I'll do my best to keep the information coming. Stay safe and warm. We love you all and it has already been so fun to hear from people...we really, really appreciate your well wishes and good thoughts. Every single one. xo]
No comments:
Post a Comment