I looked at reviews of several (overview at the bottom of the post) and ultimately decided to sign up for Citrus Lane because the boxes are designed around your child's age as opposed to a theme or project. He's not really old enough to understand any of that yet, so I just wanted to try good products.
Our first box came yesterday--a few weeks after I signed up--and I thought I'd share a peek in to the contents if you wanted to see what it's all about. They'd probably make a great gift, too, if you've got kiddos in your life (especially the project boxes for older kids). There are, of course, also the ones for grown ups and even dogs (BarkBox).
Bear Takes a Trip
A cute little board book. I've not seen this series (am I missing something?) but it's a cute little rhyming book with a story about Bear's trip to the mountains.
Use code DISCOVER for 20% off at barefootbooks.com
Rattle Keys from Green Toys
I think these are going to be a hit. They're made in the US from 100% recycled plastic milk jugs and are dishwasher safe.
Use code CLSPRING13GT for 10% at shop.greentoys.com through 6/30/13
Gripe Water from Mommy's Bliss
Some people swear by this for upset tummies. It's billed as a remedy for colic, hiccups, teething, and gas. If you're a devotee, this is a good one because it's all natural. Personally, it made my baby vomit when we first tried it, so we'll probably pass. He was littler then (I had bought a bottle on my own), so maybe it would be better now, but we no longer have the gas issues. So basically I have an unopened bottle of this that I'll give you for free if you want it.
Dish Liquid from Dapple
A "green" detergent for baby feeding items. I'll try it out.
dapplebaby.com
The Mommy Hook
Stupid name, pretty smart product. Just a giant carabiner that can hook to the stroller or grocery cart and hold your purse, shopping bags, etc.
themommyhook.com
I found varied prices online, but it looks like the total value of the items in the box was $35 or so, which I think is pretty decent. Boxes are $25/month for 1-month and 3-month subscriptions, and $21/month for a 6-month subscription.
If you want to explore more, here's a little overview. I don't know much about the others except what I've read on the internet, so you might have additional insight. I am not going to link to all of these because I am lazy, but I'm sure you are a good enough Googler. Also, some blog people are brave (or boring) and have reviewed all or some of these boxes, so you can search for reviews if you want to know more.
BabbaBox - theme-based "learning-oriented" boxes for older kids
BirchBox - for grown-up ladies. Samples of beauty, grooming, and lifestyle products. You can also review the product samples to receive "points." Less expensive at about $10/month.
BirchBox Man - you get the idea
bluum - samples for moms and babies (and, more recently, toddlers)
Cravebox - not a monthly subscription; more like a themed grab bag (for grown ups), e.g., Summer Beauty, Coffee Lovers, etc.
Glossybox - luxury-sized cosmetic samples
The Honest Company - Jessica Alba's line of green/organic baby and home products. A full-service site in addition to the subscription boxes
Julep Maven - nail polishes and nail products
Kiwi Crate - craft projects for kids ages 3-7. People like this one.
Stork Stack - for babies
Wittlebee - kids' clothing
Have you done any of these? What did you think? Did I miss any? Let me know...


No comments:
Post a Comment