So, for now...things that hold still and I do not have to photograph. Our current favorites, must-haves, and suggestions.
Pictures are links unless otherwise noted.
OxiClean stain stick
Using your finely-honed skills of deductive reasoning, you've probably ascertained that we have started human food around these parts (OK, breast feeding activists, I know milk is a human food. And you know what? So is formula. But we started calling it human food and so that's what it is around here. Because "solids" is a little bit of a stretch at this juncture).
Know what else? Human food stains. Weird stains. Bananas are the worst culprit--go figure. Even when I strip him down to the dipes to eat, he still wears a bib, so there's no way to not end up with laundry at the end of every meal food adventure. And I haven't even given him anything totally wild.
And even though he's not getting enough actual food in him to have started creating Human Poops (dreadddding this), we still wake up to a poopsplosion about 1 in every 5 mornings. The main joy of having a night pooper is that by the time I discover it there's been a good deal of rolling and smooshing going on. Like right out the sides and/or back.
This has gotten out of hand fast. I'm sorry. I'll just say...I don't think I need to connect the dots for you anymore. But this stuff gets out THOSE stains. Regular washing doesn't. Now you know.
Rainforest Jumperoo
(also, I apologize that these pictures are of horrible quality.
You'd think Amazon could figure that out, since they do just about everything else)
(also, I apologize that these pictures are of horrible quality.
You'd think Amazon could figure that out, since they do just about everything else)
Yes, still with the rainforest. We've had this since about 4+ months (since he could support himself well enough to go in it). He has never hated it, but I think it was a little overwhelming at first. So it kind of sat to the side while Bright Starts Exersaucer enjoyed its heyday.
This thing is pretty great. It was a hand-me-down from a coworker while I was still pregnant. As I had no use for it, it did a nice tour chez Brooks so that he could bounce around in it. So Mr. C is at least the 3rd baby to enjoy it. It's stationary (walkers are a no-no now), the toys are pretty interesting, and it does not light up or make noise...hooray for my sanity. He can manipulate and eat all the toys pretty well. I especially love that it has loops on it, so I can use the beloved links to attach other toys. Kind of keeps things fresh. It's about the same price as the Jumperoo, but I basically got it for free. I can honestly say that they both have a purpose (and it's nice to be able to rotate so he doesn't get totally burned out on one), so I can't recommend one over the other if you only want to buy one.
Anyway, back to Jumperoo. At about 5.5 or 6 months, he got way more into it. He can move the toys and I think they aren't so jarring to him (they're full of beads and spin and are kind of loud). But the biggest deal is that he has figured out the bouncing gig. Huge. Mind blown. We don't really have door jambs in our house, so couldn't really rig a Johnny Johnny Jump Up
, but those are also popular with this age.
On a normal morning, I can at least get breakfast while he Jumperoos. On a good evening, he'll play and bounce for like 45 minutes. It's like it's always fresh to him...amazing. It does have lights and noises, but most of the time I don't turn them on and he is plenty engaged. They're like a special treat if I need to buy some extra time. There are several Jumperoos at varying price points, but we love the rainforest one.
Aden + Anais Muslin Sleeping Bag
When Mr. C started rolling over onto his tummy in his sleep (about a month after he started rolling un-suited), our beloved Baby Merlin had to go. The website says it is not designed for tummy sleeping. Now this is our bedtime jam. Cozy blankie. Honestly, the transition was no big deal. I think it was less the loss of the Merlin and more the actual rolling over that was the sticky wicket. {side note: this rolling business is just developmental, I think. Just power through it. But it's so cruel that it hits right when you think you've got nighttime sleep figured out}. The only hiccup is that now we have to stock up on jammies that have long sleeves, since this does not cover his arms. But it seems to keep him warm and doesn't get all twisted like you'd think. I think they basically sleep with these until they're old enough for loose blankets and such in the crib, so get on board.
Captain Calamari
Freddie the Firefly's seagoing cousin.
Prince Lionheart Catchall
What IS this, you ask? Basically a vinyl mat that goes underneath the highchair so that dropped and splattered food stays contained and not on the floor. It is essentially a giant bullseye for the dogs (though they are not allowed to eat the food off the floor until baby is finished). It's easy to wipe down and can go in the washing machine. I would imagine it would also be good underneath an easel, sensory tub, or other messy activity.
No comments:
Post a Comment