I can say that the first 6 months of your life on the outside went a lot faster than your first 6 months on the inside. I know the next 6 will be even faster and then, suddenly, The Baby will be a year old.
But for now...I'll stick to the present.
because it's delicious.
Naps. Lord have mercy. To be fair, they went wonderfully while we were on vacation. And I'd rather have had it that way. But when we got back...30 minutes is standard; 45 if we're lucky. I think now that you roll over you just can't kick into that next sleep cycle. You're also stretching out the time between naps (about 2+ hours before the midday nap but still about 1.5 before Last Nap). Fortunately, night time is mostly fine. For a bit you had many wakeups (again, the rolling), then down to just 1 or so not at your usual time. Now you are getting back to your sleep groove like it was before we left. That's usually about an 8-hour stretch, then eating, then back down for about 2 hours. We'll just keep truckin'. Overall, it's not a tragedy.
Who, me?

I am not, nor have I ever been, tired.
In what should come as no surprise to any regular lurker, you have also started "solid" food. Most of the time, you seem to enjoy the experience. At this point, it's just for exploring the tastes, textures, and smells. Your pediatrician says you won't actually start eating for real for another few months. In the meantime, you're also still nursing like normal--that's not supposed to be decreased yet. There was definitely a growth spurt somewhere around the 6-month mark, too.
So strong.
(the pediatrician said "Yeah, I'm gonna skip this question about
head control and neck strength. Looks fine.")

You made this chalkboard? I'll erase it for you. Don't spend so much time on the next ones.
Likes:
- family
- dogs
- yelling at the dogs
- lights, mirrors, and aluminum cans
- watching videos of yourself
- Sophie
- hair tickles
- bathtime
- the tiny voice
- music class
- the cd from music class (this has made car rides much more enjoyable)
Dislikes:
- naps. Guess how happy I am about this.
The Napless Wonder
Milestones:
- first trip
- first plane ride(s)
- first time at the beach
- met Uncle Brad and Ms. Arlan
- sits with some assistance
- rolls both directions (but prefers going to the right...barely an ambiturner)
- started music class
- started solid foods at 6 months
Stats:
- Weight: 17 lbs. Pretty much right at the 50th percentile.
- Height: 27 inches (2'3"). A little above 50th percentile. Their first measurement was that you had not grown since your last visit (your pajamas and I tell a different story), so we had to re-measure. All is well.
- Dipes: size 3
- Clothing: some 6 month but mostly 9-12 month. Extremely wide variation by brand.
Love you mean it.










1 comment:
This maaaaaay have made me tear up a bit... He's getting so big! Miss you all xo
Post a Comment