Tuesday, August 20, 2013

August Citrus Lane

Good stuff! This might be the best box yet in terms of how it lines up with our current needs. The insert said the theme is "back to school," but that's a pretty loose concept for an infant...

Rich Frog Little Stackers


click pictures for links

The one that came in our box is actually a froggie, but you get the idea. The segments are attached by velcro and pull apart. It's sort of like those plastic ring stackers, but soft like a lovey. I think he'll like that because he has just started to get interested in some of the loveys we have (that I've been holding on to since baby showers and other gifts). Also available at richfrog.com

Cleo's Color Book


This one is also part of the Barefoot Books collection, like Bear Takes A Trip that came in an earlier box. Mr C really likes that one (yes, I can tell that he likes some books more than others...though it might just be for chewing purposes), so I imagine this will also be popular. 
Use code EXPLORE for 20% off your order at barefootbooks.com

CleanWell All Natural Hand Sanitizing Wipes


This morning I was looking at the jumperoo--where he now spends a good portion of the day--and wondering how those crumbs and dog hairs even got ON there. I have some Clorox wipes or whatever, but since he puts everything on the jumperoo in his mouth, I didn't know if that was the best idea. So I think I'll try these on the toys. The pop-up canister is probably too big for the diaper bag, but I have the Little Buddy wipes from the last box in there. 
Use code CWCL13 for 20% off at cleanwelltoday.com

Bottle/Sippy Cup Strap
Ah Goo Baby

(multiple patterns available on Amazon; this isn't the one I got)
If you've read much around these parts, you know Mr. C isn't much of a bottle man. However, we had his 6-month checkup this morning and have been given the go-ahead to introduce a sippy cup (of water). He definitely likes throwing stuff overboard (though he hasn't quite discovered the sublime joy of "I Throw, You Pick Up, Mommy" a/k/a "Uh-Oh!"). So this should be handy on the high chair/stroller as he gets down with his sippy cup self. 

On that note...does anyone have sippy cup recommendations? There are approximately a billion to choose from. The pediatrician recommended starting with one that "sprinkles" (i.e., is not totally leak-proof), otherwise it will just become a toy. I'd also prefer ones that aren't eye-melting with their licensed-character explosions, but will go with the best product in the end. I'll share it when I find it, too. 


No comments: