Thursday, October 11, 2012

21 Weeks


How Far Along: If weeks were years (and sometimes they feel that way), this baby would be of legal drinking age. 


Total Weight Gain: Haven't peeked in a while, but I was ahead of the curve there for a bit. I think it's almost all belly (or else people are systematically lying to me), but I'm bigger than my friends who are at the same point in pregnancy. 

Size of Baby: Baby is 3/4 of a pound and approximately 10.5" long. This is the length of a carrot. Overall, he's about the size of a pomegranate, which is not particularly helpful to me. Another source says the size of a cantaloupe, which I think is pretty different...whatever. He's the size of a baby and makes his presence known. 



Maternity Clothes: Yes (pants only). Pretty much different combinations of the same four items every day. And I'm ok with that for now. 

Gender: Still a boy. And because several people have asked: we do not have a name picked out yet, but we will share it when we do. 

Movement: His new nickname is Boom Boom, if that tells you anything. He's generally pretty active, and I'm starting to be able to identify a schedule for his dance parties and tumblethons. We are still trying to time it right so that BA can feel, but it shouldn't be any problem to feel most of the movement from the outside if baby cooperates. 

Sleep: Pretty good, actually. All members of the household are grateful for this. 

What I miss: Casual autumnal adult beverages. I'm jealous of all the fun-loving, carefree people with their seasonal brews and red wine, going to football games and having picnics or whatever you fun people do when you're not pregnant. 

this is you people


Cravings: None this week, though I've basically just been trying to survive in the library on whatever I could pack in a lunchbox (Halloween candy included). Hoping to get back on track and resume eating like a normal person soon. 

Other crazy symptoms: It's difficult to separate what's pregnancy-related and what's dissertation-related, but I can say that sitting at a computer all day is a more physical experience than it used to be. Also, my feet hurt sometimes. But overall I feel really good, which I'm trying to enjoy as I know it won't last. 

Best Moment this week: So many! A fun Sunday dinner. Visits from friends, including high school ladies and college buds. Weeknight dinners out with good people. Turning in the paper. Working on the baby's room. It has been busy, but good times abound.

No comments: