How Far Along: Trying not to think about how far away February seems.
Total Weight Gain: Nope.
Size of Baby: Baby is the size of a papaya and/or spaghetti squash. He's about 11 inches long and weighs almost a pound. How perfect...I'm sure I have gained precisely one pound and not an ounce more, so that works.
He basically looks like a miniature newborn, but needs to fill out a bit and put on some padding before arrival. Most everything is developed, including eyes, but the irises still lack pigment (I'll go ahead and guess those are gonna be blue eventually...otherwise I'm in trouble). Hair is growing on baby's head--not much, if he's like I was as a baby--but there is no pigment in the hair yet. Basically, what I'm gathering here is that the baby is formed but colorless. It's like the beginning of the Wizard of Oz. I wonder when everything will be in Amazing Technicolor??
don't expect a recipe for this one, either
He basically looks like a miniature newborn, but needs to fill out a bit and put on some padding before arrival. Most everything is developed, including eyes, but the irises still lack pigment (I'll go ahead and guess those are gonna be blue eventually...otherwise I'm in trouble). Hair is growing on baby's head--not much, if he's like I was as a baby--but there is no pigment in the hair yet. Basically, what I'm gathering here is that the baby is formed but colorless. It's like the beginning of the Wizard of Oz. I wonder when everything will be in Amazing Technicolor??
Maternity Clothes: Still just pants and dresses. A sweater or two. I got some new Target shirts yesterday (my fave $9 tanks and tees) and the regular ones are still plenty long and still cheaper and better than the maternity ones. Granted, not all my regular shirts still work, but these are cut long enough.
Gender: Still a boy. Confirmed today via ultrasound, actually. He was showing off his goods, as boys are wont to do.
Movement: Plenty. Still trying to time it right so that BA can feel him boogie. As soon as I tell him to put his hand on my belly, the baby stops (wouldn't you know). And he's not patient enough to just wait there for the next round, so they keep missing each other. BA has just taken to lying and saying "I felt him. Oh, there. I felt it." And I'm like...well, there was nothing, and I think I would have felt it...
Sleep: The wild card is how easily I'll fall asleep. After that, everything is generally ok. Still working on it.
What I miss: Vests. Yes, that's right. I mean vests of the down variety, not hipster vests. They're such a perfect solution for when it's a little chilly but you don't need the big coat yet. I don't think I could zip mine up and be comfortable, but I don't see how one could really make a maternity vest. It would just be weird. So don't take your vests for granted.
[Out of curiosity, I Googled "maternity vests"...doesn't seem like a very cost-effective purchase, but I'm here to tell you that they do indeed make such things:
[Out of curiosity, I Googled "maternity vests"...doesn't seem like a very cost-effective purchase, but I'm here to tell you that they do indeed make such things:
Shut your mouth. This is ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS (American dollars!) at Pea in the Pod...I have half a mind to write a strongly-worded letter
There is also a faux-fur one (not posted out of respect for your retinas) that is listed for $140...the best part of which is that the description reads "You don't have to spend a fortune!"
a smidge crunchy, but better at $65
All I can say is that if I am spending that much on a vest (or a maternity item), I better be able to wear the bejesus out of it. So...no. I'll just wrap myself in a makeshift outer layer fashioned from my $9 Target tanks, thankyouverymuch. A coat, however, might be necessary. Time (and Old Man Winter and climate change) will tell.]
Cravings: I've been ok...trying to be better. I am alarmed at how much larger I am than my other friends who are at the same point in pregnancy...I think it's still all in the belly but I am trying to not let it get away from me. I have to be on my guard given that we have approximately 46 pounds of Halloween candy in the house. If you know my mom, you know I'm not exaggerating even a little bit. In fact, it might be more pounds than that. I'll get back to you.
Other crazy symptoms: It isn't a symptom, really, but seeing the alien kicks is pretty crazy. My tailbone hurts if I sit for too long. I think he's creeping up into the higher real estate, because my stomach and lungs are beginning to make me aware that they do not have as much room as they used to.

No comments:
Post a Comment