Monday, February 4, 2013

Mini-Maddie

A while back, I saw a pin on Pinterest that featured a site that makes custom stuffed doggies. I pinned it on one of the baby boards, and checked out the site. Because it was so close to Christmas, they had a long wait, especially for orders that didn't need to be delivered in time for the holidays. So I joined the queue and promptly forgot all about it. 

A few weeks ago, I got an email that Madigan was ready to be created (I had to submit each dog separately; I'm still waiting for Abita to get called up). I entered in her info and uploaded a few pics. Not too long after that, look who showed up in the mail!







I think it's a pretty good likeness! While real Maddie was very interested (probably because it's made of wool), they'll go in the nursery for C to enjoy later. I think it's pretty cool that he'll have toy versions of his puppy playmates. Due to the dogs', shall we say, diverse heritage, it would be impossible to find their lookalikes in a toy store.

You can find more information about custom doggies on their website: Shelter Pups

They're not cheap, especially for a stuffed toy, but each pup comes with a tag that has a code for "rescue points," which you can donate to one of over 5000 authorized SPCA shelters. More on how they work here. Given that both our doggies are rescues, I felt more ok about spending that money on what will hopefully be a special toy and benefits other doggies in the process. 

Just wanted to share an idea that would make a great gift (for yourself or someone who has a special doggie). 





1 comment:

Kate said...

You can only imagine how I feel about these!