How Far Along: Let the record show that it was noted that I started to show (as in needing maternity clothes) around 16-17 weeks. As neighborfriend Kate said, "you officially look knocked up." I was so over looking "a little bit fat."
Total Weight Gain: Willful ignorance.
Size of Baby: Baby weighs about 5 ounces and is about 5 inches long. This is about the size of a turnip. I think I can declare in advance that there will be no turnip recipes this week. The turnips in pictures looked smaller than the avocados, which is confusing, so I give you this picture instead:
Baby is also the size of a small baked potato, which is more appealing.
Baby can now move his/her joints--and a good thing, too, because one of the major reasons for producing offspring is so that you can teach those tiny humans to do The Robot. And for that you need to bend. Baby's skeleton is also turning from soft cartilage to bone. The veins that have been showing through the skin are less visible now, as baby is putting on fat (better be...otherwise I'm constantly eating for no reason).
uh, Aunt Berna?
Baby is also the size of a small baked potato, which is more appealing.
Baby can now move his/her joints--and a good thing, too, because one of the major reasons for producing offspring is so that you can teach those tiny humans to do The Robot. And for that you need to bend. Baby's skeleton is also turning from soft cartilage to bone. The veins that have been showing through the skin are less visible now, as baby is putting on fat (better be...otherwise I'm constantly eating for no reason).
this is a scientific image
Maternity Clothes: Oh yeah...I'm in the jeans. I don't need maternity tops at this point, at least not for belly coverage, but I do need longer ones with jeans so that the panel is covered. It goes pretty low. Wouldn't want to shatter the illusion.
Gender: Aunt Sara is turning up the heat lobbying for the private ultrasound clinic, but we've held off so far. Only 2 more weeks left to vote!
Movement: Yes, sometimes. It is stronger now (or rather, baby feels bigger), but not necessarily more frequent.
Also for the record, I can document here that I'll officially note movement for me to feel around 15-16 weeks. Perhaps I should compile these all in one place.
Also for the record, I can document here that I'll officially note movement for me to feel around 15-16 weeks. Perhaps I should compile these all in one place.
Sleep: There are good nights. And there are bad nights. The bad nights are very, very long.
What I miss: I'm still ok. I suppose if I had one wish I'd like to be able to sleep like before--it seems I can't stay in one position for too long before I wake up uncomfortable. People are all like, "oh, it's good practice for when the baby gets here!" but I'm pretty sure I don't need to practice not sleeping.
Cravings: Still with the cinnamon. I am trying to address this with better options (Kashi Cinnamon Harvest cereal, cinnamon raisin toast) rather than Hot Tamales and cinnamon buns. Wish me luck. Alas, I have no such substitutes for the gummi bear situation.
Other crazy symptoms: Headaches. Thirsty all the time. A little bloody nose (that's definitely a weird one). And they were right about the growth spurt--some growing pains for sure.
Non-baby related: Making progress on the dissertation countdown (this is alternately exciting and terrifying...it's so close! OH GOD IT'S SO CLOSE)
"It Got Real" Moment: I ordered the crib. Generally I am waiting to do nursery things until we're a little further down the road, but I was advised that many places can take up to 16 weeks to deliver furniture. When you're talking baby furniture, you're kind of on a timeline, so the crib got bumped up on the ol' to-do list. While it gave me anxiety to pull the trigger--now I'm stuck with that one--it was on sale and now it's done. AND assembly is included with delivery. The marriage survives another day!
baby goes here
No comments:
Post a Comment