How Far Along: Almost halfway there.
Total Weight Gain: Shh.
Size of Baby: Head to bottom, baby is about 6 inches and weighs about 8.5 ounces. I bet we will get a more precise estimate tomorrow in the ultrasound! This is about the size of a "large heirloom tomato" (seriously?!?) or a mango.
you cannot possess the Mango.
Maternity Clothes: Yes (and it's not likely my answer's going to go backwards on this one, so...not sure I see the point). This will be addressed (in way too much detail) in an upcoming post. If you get really in to the finer points of stretchy belly panels, you don't have long to wait. And yes, there will be pictures.
Gender: Provided baby cooperates, we will know tomorrow! As such, today is the LAST DAY to vote in the poll. We will need some time tomorrow to tell our families first, but then we'll text you or whatever we've discussed. I'll also probably put up a post on Saturday morning.
Movement: Indeed. Monday morning I was lying pretty still and felt some movement that was stronger than usual. I watched for a bit and was able to see some action from the outside. I was by myself, but I figure that if I could see it, someone else would be able to feel it, and it will be fun to be at that point. However, I think several factors would have to come together again to re-create that--the baby's position, etc. I knew exactly where it was, and it was pressed up against my front, so I doubt it could be a regular experience already. Pretty cool nonetheless. Also, when I poked, s/he poked me back in the same spot. We're tormenting each other already.
I had another similar episode on Wednesday evening, but it seems like I'm always alone when this happens, so no one else has borne witness or felt the wee one. Maybe it KNOWS.
Overall, it's just fun that it's becoming more frequent and stronger. Sometimes, if baby is in a certain place, I can feel out a little backbone or head or bottom, which is fun. It's also not strong enough to be painful or annoying yet, but I'm sure we'll have our fair share of stern conversations about this. It's just reassuring to be able to feel the little athlete in there from time to time.
I had another similar episode on Wednesday evening, but it seems like I'm always alone when this happens, so no one else has borne witness or felt the wee one. Maybe it KNOWS.
Overall, it's just fun that it's becoming more frequent and stronger. Sometimes, if baby is in a certain place, I can feel out a little backbone or head or bottom, which is fun. It's also not strong enough to be painful or annoying yet, but I'm sure we'll have our fair share of stern conversations about this. It's just reassuring to be able to feel the little athlete in there from time to time.
Sleep: I am pleased to report a pretty solid week. I also feel better and less tired during the day because I finally started taking some allergy meds (after being assured by the doctors that they are safe)...I'm kind of bummed I held out so long, because it definitely makes a difference in how I feel during the day.
What I miss: Lunch meats. Maybe it's because there's a Subway across from the gym, but I frequently find myself wanting a turkey sandwich. Nothing fancy, just on fluffy bread. Lunch meat has to be heated until steaming, though, which ruins the image of that sandwich. I have had a couple good ones from Which Wich, because they'll run it through the toaster for you (I am just trusting that this heats it up enough...who knows).
Cravings: Mostly it has been ok this week--cinnamon rolls in the fridge help the situation--but the main issue is that I've just been eating everything that's not nailed down. This comes and goes, but definitely is in an upswing. It better be going straight to baby and nowhere else...that's all I have to say.
LAY OFF ME I'M STARVING
Other crazy symptoms: Getting out of breath easily (again). The other day, I got winded while talking on the phone and fixing a snack at the same time. It's tough out there. Please don't judge me if we're hanging out or walking and I start panting through some mundane activity.
I also just feel kind of puffy. This is likely related to eating everything with reckless abandon. We'll not speak of this any further.
I also just feel kind of puffy. This is likely related to eating everything with reckless abandon. We'll not speak of this any further.
No comments:
Post a Comment