How Far Along: 18 weeks pregnacious.
Total Weight Gain: Within recommended limits.
Size of Baby: Head to booty, baby is about 5.5 inches long and weighs almost 7 ounces. Baby is fully surrounded by fluid, and is practicing breathing. This is a really good thing to practice. Baby's ears are in their final place, and hearing has now developed so that sounds from the outside can be heard much more clearly. So watch your mouth.
Baby is about the size of a bell pepper, a dragonfruit (WTF is a dragonfruit?) or a pickle.
As an aside, I really have an issue with some of these size referents that could really be any size (e.g., pickle, potato). That is like saying "Mmm, baby is about the size of a rock. Maybe a dirt clod, or perhaps a ball."
This week is generally quiet, as baby adds fat, hair, and brains! I don't know that there's much else one really needs in life.
Baby is about the size of a bell pepper, a dragonfruit (WTF is a dragonfruit?) or a pickle.
This seems like a small pepper to me. I wouldn't bring this home from the store.
As an aside, I really have an issue with some of these size referents that could really be any size (e.g., pickle, potato). That is like saying "Mmm, baby is about the size of a rock. Maybe a dirt clod, or perhaps a ball."
This week is generally quiet, as baby adds fat, hair, and brains! I don't know that there's much else one really needs in life.
Maternity Clothes: Having fun exploring the world of stretchy things, especially now that it's a little cooler. Pants only--regular tops still ok. However, I am quickly realizing how limited the wardrobe is going to be. Hope you guys don't mind seeing the same 5 outfits between now and February.
Stretch Marks: My mom told me this week that she never got any, so I am holding onto the hope that this bodes well for me (as it's the only true predictive factor). Meanwhile...lotion.
Stretch Marks: My mom told me this week that she never got any, so I am holding onto the hope that this bodes well for me (as it's the only true predictive factor). Meanwhile...lotion.
Gender: Getting close! Only one week left to vote, if you haven't already. There will be fabulous prizes for those who guess correctly (hugs).
Movement: Yes--stronger, more frequent, and easier for me to identify. Baby was flipping all around during the Giants game on Sunday...and then was conspicuously quiet during the Titans game. I agree, baby...I was equally underwhelmed. I advise just staying in there until this season is over. I don't want you to have to see this.
Sleep: Really there is no consistent pattern; I never know what nighttime will hold. Overall, I think this week has been pretty good.
What I miss: Other than the smoking, and the crystal meth, and jumping on my trampoline, not much. I kid...I kid.
Cravings: Apples (green apples, apple pie, caramel apples). I don't know if this goes with the cinnamon, or is seasonal, or what. And still gummi bears, too--but they've been banished from the house. Which really just means I forgot to buy more at the grocery.
Other crazy symptoms: I cannot tell a lie: this week has been pretty uncomfortable. It must be a stretching/growing phase, as it felt like my midsection was on a medieval rack. The stretching feeling goes from the top center of the belly down, and also is symmetrical on both sides. It also brought a friend, some fun lower back pain. I called Hayden, who assured me that no one is dying. Thanks, Hayden!
This lasted a few days and then resolved, after which I felt pretty great. I guess I made the room that was needed. I think it will just ebb and flow like that. One day I'll be doubled over trying to find a more comfortable position, and the next day I won't feel pregnant at all. It's kind of weird and disconcerting.
This lasted a few days and then resolved, after which I felt pretty great. I guess I made the room that was needed. I think it will just ebb and flow like that. One day I'll be doubled over trying to find a more comfortable position, and the next day I won't feel pregnant at all. It's kind of weird and disconcerting.
Also, breaking out my new boots. It's the little things, peeps.
No comments:
Post a Comment