Monday, November 12, 2012

25 Weeks


How Far Along: 25 weeks


Total Weight Gain: Thought I'd be ready to discuss this point in more depth this week, but not quite. I will, though.

Size of Baby: Like a rutabaga or something totally pointless. 

Baby is beginning to have a primitive memory and is putting on fat and hair. Basically, he and I have a lot in common right now. 

Maternity Clothes: The same--pants and some dresses. My fave are the Ingrid & Isabel leggings. I foresee a new challenge with outerwear coming soon...

Movement: Same as it ever was. The posse of witnesses (kick feelers) continues to grow, including friends and colleagues. 

Sleep: Travel sleep was dicey (I cried into regular lame pillows out of longing for the body pillow) (not really). Now that we're home for a stretch, mostly pretty good. 

What I miss: Not having heartburn. Or reflux. Is there a difference? Basically, not having a burning sensation in my chest. Man, this came out of nowhere. There is a stash of Tums in most rooms in the house, as well as my purse. Jules suggested "just drinking Maalox" so I'll put that on the ol' grocery list. 

Cravings: None, really. 

Other crazy symptoms: Not a great week, physically. It just kind of felt tougher. I also think I was more worn out from our travels and adventures than I had realized. The main weird new thing is burning lungs (or so it feels). I googled "pregnancy lungs burning" and it turns out this is probably reflux--it just feels different because everything is all in new locations now. So we stocked up on some Tums and will see how that goes. Also, quite the stuffy nose. This is called "rhinitis of pregnancy" and really just means "stuffy nose but also you are pregnant so can't take anything." Nasal sprays (e.g., Afrin) are allowed, but the rebound issue with that means I only want to use it in dire straits--feeling like a pregnant drug addict who can only think about the next hit of Afrin is kind of bad. On the non-drug front, a neti pot works surprisingly well. 

BA would also like to report that a humidifier and an extra pillow seems to have the snoring under control. I would like to report that I am grateful to all the ladies who have assured me I'm not the only one with this symptom. Also sometimes he snores too so there. 

Best Moment this week: Totally lame and boring, but being home and wrangling things back into some semblance of order after a marathon of house neglect (dissertation, two trips). Made some progress on the nursery. I'm starting to feel like things are getting a little more under control, and am excited about the holidays (the "real holidays," as BA put it--right after the last trick-or-treater left) around the corner. 

No comments: