Stomach looks fine, everything else looks good, and everything from heart rate to tippy toes was pronounced "perfectly normal." We are very grateful for that. It also sounds like they don't want to do another followup, so I think it's a while until the next (and possibly final) ultrasound.
Slightly less good news: he was in the "worst position possible" for pictures, so the party favors are limited once again. He's all balled up in my ribs, with his hands by his face. His feet are indeed down low, which confirms what I wrote yesterday about him kicking me deep in my soul. He's also face down (facing my back), which seems to be a pattern in our photo shoot sessions. So he is breech and upside down in every way possible, which is also the worst position possible for getting born, so I hope he flips eventually.
26 weeks. Hand still by face.
Once again, we had an excellent sonographer. She was friendly, but quick, and explained everything she was looking at. She really liked his nose--she kept talking about how cute it was. I guess babies' noses look different? Obviously we think it's the best nose of all the baby noses.
Comparison shots:
Top: 22 weeks
Bottom: 26 weeks
Growth measurements are on target, and he's weighing in at about 2.1 pounds. We saw him waving around and also grabbing his toes. I have a regular checkup appointment next week, but this is just the phase where we kind of wait as he gets bigger, so I don't expect much to report.
Happy weekend from both of us and Baby A! As a reminder, please check out the post about Hillary's etsy store and enter to win her generous giveaway by leaving a comment on that post. You can enter until Saturday night, and a winner will be announced on Sunday.



No comments:
Post a Comment