Monday, November 26, 2012

With a Heavy Heart

Previous updates can be seen here.

Friends,

We received an email from Hillary's brother-in-law with sad news yesterday. Some time in the past few days, at about 26 weeks, their baby's heart stopped beating.

I don't have much additional information, and I certainly have no explanation for why these things happen. I am struggling to understand, as is everyone affected.

Her brother-in-law states that they have no specific needs at this time other than your thoughts and prayers. You can let me know if you would like additional updates as they become available.

This is not a happy thing to share, and I am not sure of the best way to go about it. However, I felt an obligation to share the information with those who have been reading for a while and especially considering that I had recently written about her story and her etsy shop. If you have placed orders, I would just ask that you are patient and understanding until the appropriate time and until next moves become clear. I will also share that Hillary had emailed me after I posted and indicated that she already had several orders. So for that, I thank you. Even though this did not unfold the way everyone had hoped and envisioned, you still offered support to her when asked, and that is an important gesture.

Hugs to all.

With gratitude,
J

No comments: