Thursday, November 15, 2012

26 Weeks

If you missed yesterday's post (free stuff!), be sure to check it out. **If you are having trouble with your comment, or it is not showing up, let me know.**

How Far Along: 26 weeks of weird-bellybutton glory. Under 100 days to go...

Size of Baby: Baby is about 1.6 to 2 lbs and 14 inches long. This is the size of a head of lettuce or an English hothouse cucumber (really? REALLY?!?). 

is this better or worse than a picture of an eggplant?


Baby is continuing to put on fat. Eyes are forming (I am going to pretend they've been there all along, because that creeps me way out). 

Maternity Clothes: Same as it ever was. Still liking my regular-but-long tees and my fave leggings. Uggs are looking like the footwear of the future. Does anyone know if they make, like, all-gel shoes? Maybe with some clouds?

Movement: Frequent and emphatic. I can tell he's getting bigger because I'll feel near simultaneous movement in points that are pretty far from one another. Also, some part of him (a kicky part) is way down low, which is new and strange territory.

Sleep: I am fully aware that I'm going to jinx myself, but this week has been really good. I have been sleeping soundly and well. Minimal restless legs or insomnia. Reports from the other side of the bed indicate the snoring situation is under control. For now. 

What I miss: Not having to plan a thoughtful and precise approach to how I'm going to put on a given pair of shoes. Being able to say words without messing them all up. 

Cravings: None. Fortunately for the grocery bill and the bathroom scale, I think the phase of nonstop eating has abated. For now. 

Other crazy symptoms: Hip pain. But overall, I've felt really good this week after a tough round last week, so I'm happy for that. There's still heartburn, but I'm much better at managing it now and it's not bothersome. Unless someone is bothered by the fact that I carry Tums everywhere. 

Best Moment this week: I don't know if there was a high moment, but overall it has been a great week. I feel good, physically and emotionally. Looking forward to the holidays, some upcoming baby showers, and general good times. 

1 comment:

k said...

I have a hillarious visual of you in one of those awful Dr. Scholl's commercials..."Yeah, I'm gelin'"

Have you tried swimming yet? Sister-in-law said it gave her legs/feet/back sweet relief and was the best hour of her day. The Green Hills YMCA pool is kind of creepy and hothouse feeling (in my opinion) but Downtown is lovely, cool, quiet, and during school hours screaming child free. We have about a billion cards (I know you are SHOCKED that we lose a lot of things in our house) and you are welcome to pretend to be KCS if you're brave enough to smile with your eyes closed like my lovely membership photo!