Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Shopportunities and a *Giveaway*!

--This giveaway is now closed, and we have a winner (congrats, Steph!)--

Dearest Friends,

Like it or not, 'tis the season. In the spirit of giving, I wanted to give something to you all. Well, I'll give you all the opportunity to win a real thing, as it were, and one of you will actually win it. But I'm also giving you the opportunity to learn about and get involved in a little project that will help out a friend of mine. What could be better?

This friend is at about the same point in pregnancy as I am (but she's having a sweet little girl...don't worry; we've already talked arranged marriage), and is currently on bedrest. She has shown fierce determination in a difficult situation, which I admire greatly. On top of that, she has opted to turn a challenging situation into a positive opportunity. She started making items for her own nursery to pass the bedrest time, and posted photos on FB. More than one person suggested she open an Etsy shop with more wares available for sale. Eventually, she did. Here is her description:


Bed Rest Crafting is a small little Etsy store that I started in order to keep my sanity through a rather difficult pregnancy. Not only is it an extra source of income while on doctor ordered bed rest, but more importantly, it is very therapeutic. I make items that I like and have around my house. Obviously, the nursery inspired crafts were created through my “nesting” process, while the burlap wreaths and home decor were items that I had created for myself long before pregnancy. I truly enjoy passing the time by crafting and keeping my creative juices flowing. I hope my crafts bring some joy and inspirations to all those that visit my little shop.


I am passing this on to you in hopes that you consider the aptly named BedRest Crafting Etsy store as you think about your holiday shopping. As you'll see from her page, there are holiday (and year-round) decor items available, as well as nursery items. 

"But wait," you say. "I don't need a pink 'A.'" No worries...all her crafts are custom and made to order. Friend is having a boy? No prob. Need a different initial? Consider it done. Saw something on Pinterest you'd like to have for yourself, but are not the glue-gun type? She'll make it for you (probably. If it's not weird). 

So click on through and contact her to talk about a custom gift. Or treat yo'self. 

BUT WAIT. There's more. Hillary kindly offered to donate an item to me (like I'm a real actual blogess or something) to do a giveaway. Behold...

16" Red Burlap Bubble Wreath

One lucky reader will win this cutie. I think it would be perfect for Christmas, but I also envision Valentine's Day options, party headwear...the list goes on. 

In addition, the winner may also add the wooden initial letter (or other flair) of his/her choosing. 

THE DETAILS:
  • To be entered to win the red burlap bubble wreath, you must leave a comment on this post.
  • In your comment, please include your name (or something we can call you) and a lovely thought. Perhaps how you would use the wreath, or how you came to find this blog, or how great Hillary is.
  • VERY IMPORTANT: be sure I have a way to let you know if you won! You can leave an email address, or--if you prefer not to do that--make a pinky promise to yourself that you will check back to see if you won in case I can't track you down. 
Once the deadline has passed, I will randomly draw a winner from the comments. I will announce this winner on Sunday, November 18.  This should give you time to get your wreath before the holiday decorating season. 

And if you don't win, you can always order something up from the store for yourself! Thank you in advance for your generosity. I know Hillary (and her little family) appreciate your support. 

xo


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am excited and honored to check out the BedRest store on Etsy! Best of luck!! Janette Smith janettesmith@comcast.net

Boots said...

So appropriate that you're the first commenter, as I must credit you for the term "shopportunities."

Maggie said...

I am Jessie's cousin and so excited to be little Baby Adams' first cousin once removed! Or...second cousin? Or something different entirely? Hillary, your store has some beautiful things. That wreath would make an EXCELLENT frisbee or uncomfortable garter.

Stephanie said...

LOVE seeing your creativity in your Etsy store Hillary!! The wall hangings look wonderful - what great decoration for the walls of your baby girl's nursery!

And Janette, I think "shopportunities" is a brilliant word :)

Stephanie Grant

Graceyann said...

Oh how festive this wreath would look on our front porch for the holidays! We have been playing Christmas music at our house for a week already. You can never have too much cheer around! Jessie, Sara and I already commented that hillary's wreaths looked much better than the ones at Christmas village. Good luck with everything and happy crafting!!

-grace ann