How Far Along: 14 weeks. As advertised.
Size of Baby: Head to bottom, baby is about 3.5 inches--about the size of a lemon. By the end of this week, his/her arms will have grown in proportion to the body. Legs still have some catching up to do (in general, the arms develop first, then legs--this is why babies do arm things well before they walk).
Baby's liver starts making bile this week, and the spleen starts helping in the production of red blood cells. Thank GOD...I have been working SO HARD on those things.
Baby can now squint, frown, grimace, pee, and possibly suck his or her thumb. Sounds like a bad night in college.
but seriously, folks.
Baby's liver starts making bile this week, and the spleen starts helping in the production of red blood cells. Thank GOD...I have been working SO HARD on those things.
Baby can now squint, frown, grimace, pee, and possibly suck his or her thumb. Sounds like a bad night in college.
Maternity Clothes: Well, I can now say I own some. I did indeed venture to the mall, and came home with 3 pairs of maternity jeans. I think they will pretty much be staples, whenever their time comes. And they're also non-tragic, so that's reassuring. Almost everyone I have talked to (about this topic) says don't be a hero trying to extend the life of your regular pants (e.g., with the rubberband trick, etc.) and to just go right for the pregnancy pants simply because they're much more comfortable. Personally, I think the idea of pants without buttons is quite appealing. I also got a couple tops and a dress, but I can really get by with regular tops for a while, I think. It helps that most of what's in regular stores right now is either long and/or swingy.
For the record, in my experience, the Bella Band is probably not worth it. If you really need to put off buying new wardrobe items, for financial or other reasons, it could buy you some time. But otherwise, I'd probably say save your money. I think I've worn mine once.
For the record, in my experience, the Bella Band is probably not worth it. If you really need to put off buying new wardrobe items, for financial or other reasons, it could buy you some time. But otherwise, I'd probably say save your money. I think I've worn mine once.
Stretch Marks: I know it's all to do with genetics, but I bought this anyway. We shall see.
if nothing else, I'll smell lemony delicious.
Gender: I still don't know, but there's now a poll in the sidebar for you to weigh in! Check it out check it out. Exercise your right to vote.
Movement: Sometimes I think maybe I feel something, but probably not. There's a lot going on in there that can be misleading.
Sleep: Not great, but this is more likely due to the new (college kid) neighbors throwing their back-to-school partays and our dogs reacting with loud dismay that they've not been invited.
Also, I had a dream about the baby being a cupcake.
Tuesday night, I had a dream that Darth Vader invaded the Republican National Convention. Let's just leave it at that--but it was SUPER scary.
Also, I had a dream about the baby being a cupcake.
Tuesday night, I had a dream that Darth Vader invaded the Republican National Convention. Let's just leave it at that--but it was SUPER scary.
What I miss: Logic and reason in American political discourse.
I'm in an in-between phase, where I can't always hide the burgeoning bulge, but it's not an obvious baby yet, so that's a little weird. Sometimes I catch a glance of myself in the mirror and am like "girl, you gotta get back in the gym and get that under CONTROL," and then I remember I'm pregnant. So I guess it's not something that I miss, exactly, but I'm not loving this is-she-or-isn't-she phase.
I'm in an in-between phase, where I can't always hide the burgeoning bulge, but it's not an obvious baby yet, so that's a little weird. Sometimes I catch a glance of myself in the mirror and am like "girl, you gotta get back in the gym and get that under CONTROL," and then I remember I'm pregnant. So I guess it's not something that I miss, exactly, but I'm not loving this is-she-or-isn't-she phase.
Cravings: None, really.
Other crazy symptoms: More aches and pains. Eyeball changes (BA informs me that this is...wait for it...typical).
Best Moment this week: Finding out that another dear friend is also expecting, and is about 3 weeks ahead of us. We have been friends for such a long time, and it's crazy to think that we'll be on this adventure together and that our kiddos will be exactly the same age.

No comments:
Post a Comment