Thursday, August 9, 2012

Figgy Focaccia

So all last week (when fetus was a fig), I kept thinking to myself "what IS figgy pudding?" I still don't really know, but somebody, at some point, thought it was appropriate to demand it of holiday carolers.

This is not figgy pudding, but you can learn what it looks like here. We'll leave it at that.


Then I randomly came across this recipe for fig focaccia, and then I had more thoughts. What if every week I tried to find a recipe related to the fruit or item that provides the size reference for bebe? I realize that this has a very weird element--find a way to eat the thing that is the size of your baby--but it also provides another dimension in addition to me just answering the same questions every week. I'm sure that's not thrilling to read, and it can feel like I'm answering a survey in a vacuum (like Survey Thursday, but alone).

So let's give it a whirl and see how weird things get.