Monday, August 13, 2012

Introductions, Part 1

This is the first in a series of posts in which I invited other people to weigh in. I get tired of my own voice, so I thought you all might also want some fresh perspectives up in here. I started with a short list of questions for the aunts and uncle. Pretty basic stuff for the first round, but we'll get more interesting as time goes on. So without further ado...I present Auntie the First. 


1. Who are you, and what is your relation to Baby A?

I'm Sara, enthusiastic aunt-to-be of Baby A and newborn aficionado. 

2. What was your first thought when you heard about the impending arrival?

My first thought, actually, was "is it okay to cheer?" I was second-guessing whether my interpretation of the baby Predators jersey that my dad opened on Father's Day was correct. Am I jumping the gun? Could they have grossly underestimated Dad's jersey size? ...Look around at everyone else...gauge reactions...anddd...yes...go...YAY!

3. What would you like Baby to know right now?

We will only call you "it" for the next 4 weeks, everyone is very excited for your arrival, Jules is going to spoil you to pieces, I love you!

4. The biggest surprise so far has been...

How well Jessie has felt and how baby-like you looked on your 12 week glamour shot.

5. What advice do you have for the parents-to-be?

Don't make it harder than it needs to be. Accept the abundance of help around you. Get an epidural. Be sure you are the favorite patient of all the nurses on L&D. Utilize the inpatient nursery, even if you refuse to on the first night. Breast pumps appear to open doors. Get the bottle sterilizer. Share the baby with Aunt Sara. 


No comments: