Oh yeah. Come to your new home, Cozy Comfort body pillow. Apparently the aches and pains start up pretty early--I always assumed it was due to belly and associated weight, but apparently you make all these hormones (relaxin) to loosen things up starting pretty early. (Aside: every time I read about this, I think to myself "chillin' out, maxin', relaxin all cool...") I've had some minor hip discomfort, and have always liked having some extra pillows around, so I thought I'd just bite the bullet. I am not sure if this thing will actually fit in the bed (with room for, you know, another person), but we'll see how it goes.
Lucky for me, I was just thinking about ordering one when they popped up on Gilt. This is one of the (many, many) fabulous things about Gilt. I never noticed that they had lots of maternity/baby stuff before, but it turns out they run something in that category just about every day. And I mean the good stuff, not the terrible excuses for clothing that are out there. So...while I am envious of people pinning "cute fall outfits!" and "party dresses!" and "skinny pants!" that I will not be wearing for, oh, the next YEAR, I can still get my shopping fix on Gilt and feel like maybe I haven't entirely left the world of cool and stylish people.
Stay tuned for the adventures of le body pillow--because these are the real dramas in life.