I'm not actually a major fan of plums, so I'm going with lime for this installment of Cooking with Baby (h/t to Catherine for that disturbing yet apt label).
Even before searching, I was like...margaritas and key lime pie: TOO OBVIOUS. While I do love both of those things, you can easily Google them if you want to make them or, really, just go to a restaurant. I'd like to provide ideas that are a little more interesting but still easy and versatile. Let's just say that not all my friends are wizards in the kitchen--though I've always thought this stemmed more from lack of confidence than lack of actual skill. I believe in you, friends!
On that note, I present:
Lime-Cilantro Vinaigrette
Disclaimer: unlike the rest of the recipes on this blog so far, I have not actually made this one. Hence the stolen photo. Your feedback is welcome.
Original source, via Pinterest
Ingredients
1/4 cup lime juice
2 tbsp white or white wine vinegar
1/2 bunch cilantro, chopped*
1 tbsp brown sugar
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 tsp spicy brown or dijon mustard
3/4 cup olive oil
* for the herbally uncertain among us (you know who you are...) cilantro looks like this:
Blend the lime juice, vinegar, and cilantro together in a blender until smooth. Add the brown sugar, garlic, and salt; blend again until smooth. Spoon the mustard into the mixture. Turn the blender on and slowly pour the olive oil into the dressing mixture in a thin stream; blend until thoroughly combined.
Put on a salad or something.
Exciting news! After many, many requests from readers (2), I have decided to activate commenting. Also, I was lonely. I will still moderate them--do you hear that, mean people I don't know??--but now we can see each other. This will be an experiment for the time being. This is more complicated than I originally thought, so they might not show up right away.


No comments:
Post a Comment