How Far Along: 11 weeks. Baby A is now officially a fetus (no longer an embryo). I suspect Hallmark does not make a card for this.
Total Weight Gain: No sir. Not as bad as I had feared, however.
Maternity Clothes: No, but to be fair, I've been living in Lulu all week so I don't have a true sense of the situation. Stretchy pants are the new pants. The doctor congratulated me on still being in pre-pregnancy pants this morning, so I'll take it.
Stretch Marks: Come on.
Gender: ??
Movement: None to feel, but he/she apparently likes to kiiiick and streeeetch while there's still plenty of room.
Sleep: Having some trouble falling asleep, despite being tired. Once I do, though, it's smooth sailing. Other than the dreams. Most recently, I've been:
- taking a Greyhound bus to Florida with my sister
- scheduled to meet Morgan Freeman in his hotel room, Room 8C
- collecting dissertation data. Pretty literal, except that my child participant was the kid from Modern Family
What I miss: Having any energy? Not being so stinkin' tired all.the.time.
Cravings: None to speak of this week. I've been taking it a little easy on the food front as some surprise nausea popped up over the last few days. I was just glad to see that 2 months of a high-carb diet hadn't resulted in a 40-pound weight gain, so I'll continue with the little-kid diet a bit longer. Maybe amazon sells Kalteen bars?
Other crazy symptoms: Some pretty solid teenage acne. I did actually fall over at the gym for no reason once, so maybe that damn book was right about clumsiness. Also, sometimes I feel like this:
Best Moment this week: Just being reassured that there's still a little heartbeat in there. Getting back to the gym (extreme soreness notwithstanding). Re-entry from vacation hasn't been fun, but it's good to see people and catch up.
Next week we have a big ultrasound--measurements, etc.--so I'll feel better after that one when we'd ideally see that things are progressing as they should. It seems like as soon as you clear one hurdle, there's another milestone to worry about, but I'm just trying to take it all in stride. While The Book describes all the terrible scary stuff that can happen, it also reassures readers that "the vast majority of pregnancies are uneventful," so I just try to remember that. I think these questions tend to skew toward the negative aspects of the experience (or maybe that's just me), but all in all, it hasn't been nearly as bad as I'd feared or been led to believe. So I'm grateful for that and definitely don't want to be a complainer. There's plenty of time for that later on.
Next week we have a big ultrasound--measurements, etc.--so I'll feel better after that one when we'd ideally see that things are progressing as they should. It seems like as soon as you clear one hurdle, there's another milestone to worry about, but I'm just trying to take it all in stride. While The Book describes all the terrible scary stuff that can happen, it also reassures readers that "the vast majority of pregnancies are uneventful," so I just try to remember that. I think these questions tend to skew toward the negative aspects of the experience (or maybe that's just me), but all in all, it hasn't been nearly as bad as I'd feared or been led to believe. So I'm grateful for that and definitely don't want to be a complainer. There's plenty of time for that later on.
