How Far Along: 15 weeks.
Total Weight Gain: Hold on to your hats, friends. Here we gooooo...
Size of Baby: Baby is about 4 inches, head to bottom, and weighs about 2.5 ounces. This is about the size of an apple.
Eyelids are still closed, but baby can sense light. I'm told that if I were to shine a flashlight on myself (but why?), baby would turn away. Clearly I have no way to verify this, so let's just move on. Also, taste buds are forming.
Maternity Clothes: So here's the deal. I have a major bone to pick with lulu. Turns out, they don't make a dedicated maternity line. If you search for it, you get a page full of smug pregnant women boasting about how they wore their regular Om Flow Vinyasa Zen pants all! the! way! through! their pregnancies. The implication is that lulu is so great and versatile, they don't even need to make a maternity line! Here is the problem. This might work when you have an actual belly--buy a size up, and just fold the waistband down below the belly. But I'm not there yet. So in reality, the waistband bisects the bulge in a most unappealing way. This is also uncomfortable, and not really an inspiring look in workout clothes. So if you know anyone at corporate, tell him or her that I would like to have a talk.
In the meantime, I have ordered the least unflattering pair of maternity workout pants I could find online--and this is not saying much--they give them all gaucho legs, as if I want to look stockier. I also found a pair of lulu pants that has a different waistband (the Astro pant, if you're interested) and bought a size up. As such, they are TOO LONG (are you listening, corporate??), but it's just what you gotta do to be brave. And I did share my feelings on this issue with the nice salesgirl, who said that one of their pregnant employees agreed with me, so I felt slightly better. Ugh. First-world problems.
Other than that, the maternity clothing issue is not relevant. Yes, I've bought a bunch (sorry, credit card), but it's still too damn hot to wear any of it. In fact, it's too hot for any sort of pants, regular or maternity, so I don't even know if real pants still fit. I suspect I could button them but would be uncomfortable by day's end. So I am good with maxi dresses and trying not to swoon.
In the meantime, I have ordered the least unflattering pair of maternity workout pants I could find online--and this is not saying much--they give them all gaucho legs, as if I want to look stockier. I also found a pair of lulu pants that has a different waistband (the Astro pant, if you're interested) and bought a size up. As such, they are TOO LONG (are you listening, corporate??), but it's just what you gotta do to be brave. And I did share my feelings on this issue with the nice salesgirl, who said that one of their pregnant employees agreed with me, so I felt slightly better. Ugh. First-world problems.
Other than that, the maternity clothing issue is not relevant. Yes, I've bought a bunch (sorry, credit card), but it's still too damn hot to wear any of it. In fact, it's too hot for any sort of pants, regular or maternity, so I don't even know if real pants still fit. I suspect I could button them but would be uncomfortable by day's end. So I am good with maxi dresses and trying not to swoon.
Stretch Marks: Shut up.
Gender: Have you voted? It's way more fun than that other election going on...so get to clicking in that poll on the right of your screen and let us know your guess!
Movement: Maybe sometimes? A tiny little fluttersquirm when I lie really still. Maybe just the bubblegut. But I'd like to think that, as a reasonably educated person, I know the difference between gas and babies. I will just wait until I am sure.
Sleep: Sometimes I do this. I also have to get up a lot.
What I miss: Not looking "a little bit fat" (thanks to Catherine for this description, which is actually very accurate and didn't even make me a little bit mad). I would rather still be able to hide it or just be able to let it ride. But that won't be long, if the last week is any indication. Things change fast.
Cravings: Cheese. Mac & cheese, cheese cheese, cottage cheese, cheese sticks, queso, grilled cheese, quesadillas, cheddar & sour cream Ruffles (??)...I have a legitimate concern that the baby might come out an alarming shade of fake-cheese orange. Can that happen? I am stating this for the record here and now, lest BA accuse me of having had a tryst with a Jersey Shore cast member when he sees the baby for the first time.
Biscuits. Also, Hot Tamales. What a health nut, huh?
Other crazy symptoms: Lower back pain. Boogers.
Best Moment this week: Snacks with Miss Miller, who is doing a great job of navigating her brand-new college world.
We have a doctor's appointment tomorrow, but I'm not expecting anything exciting. There's no ultrasound--just probably hearing the heartbeat again and taking some measurements. I'll update everyone but ideally it should be uneventful.
We have a doctor's appointment tomorrow, but I'm not expecting anything exciting. There's no ultrasound--just probably hearing the heartbeat again and taking some measurements. I'll update everyone but ideally it should be uneventful.
5 comments:
I am always willing to eat real or fake cheese based products.
Love,
Auntie Lil Mar
Sounds like we should plan a cheese-and-friendship gathering.
Incontrovertible evidence that Baby A is indeed a Margaret.
J.Mo, try the Nike Legend fit running tights, they have this thick, soft, super forgiving waistline, best running tights I've ever owned! Might be better than the Lulu stuff, and they are so comfy I wear them around the house sometimes!
Thanks, JB! Looks like a nice waistband from the pic online. I will check them out.
Post a Comment